Bored Of Silence

Rick Owens Jacket (buy here) / K-Mart Top (similar here) / Helmut Lang Leather Leggings (similar here) / Zara Shoes (similar here) / Alicia Hannah Naomi Jewellery (buy here) / Rick Owens Clutch (buy here)

Contrary to my prior announcement not to expect any outfit posts, here’s what I wore last night.

It’s been way too warm to wear these leather leggings until now, I’ve been forlornly staring at them in my closet praying for a cool change. Having purchased some half-a-dozen leather leggings online with no success (including that one Rick Owens pair I later sold because they didn’t fit) I decided to stalk out a pair of Helmut Lang’s in person first so I could make my educated purchase at a later date. I’d heard good things about them and I was not disappointed once I tried a pair in person.

I’d had the intention of purchasing a pair of the normal leather leggings but when I found them in person I also tried the patina leather (Helmut Lang’s version of the Rick Owens blister leather, a kind-of bubbled/distressed leather with a satiny suede-like tactility) and was surprised how much I loved them also. When these patina/embossed combo panel leggings popped up half price in the Lane Crawford online sale two months ago I didn’t think twice. I really love the effect of wearing the jacket and pants together of such similar leather finishes.

In my opinion they’re the best leather leggings I’ve come across in terms of fit and quality (yes, even better than the Rick Owens blister leather leggings; but this opinion is bias to my body shape). If I have to pay full price for the normal leather version I will save up until I can afford them because they are worth it.

I’m totally aware of the irony of wearing a Helmut Lang rip-off top with my Helmut Lang leggings. In my defence I didn’t know the top was a Helmut Lang rip-off when I bought it some eighteen months ago. I’d like to upgrade it to a real one at some point, but it seems that I’m now saving for another pair of Helmut Lang leather pants first.

Fantastic look. The Helmut Lang leggings are very flattering (or you just have good legs, or both :P).

I’ve not been brave enough to wear double leather, as much as I wish I could. I think it works here as the non-black top breaks the pieces up well.

Mia shared this comment on 24 March 2013 at 9:57 PM

Rick + Helmut + Rick + K-Mart…such an amusing combination. But looks amazing, so who cares?

Digging the hair-tucked-into-jacket-faux-bob also.

the animal orchestra shared this comment on 24 March 2013 at 11:12 PM

Love the leggings they look amazing on you! I’m still searching for the perfect pair myself! Have tried on a few with no luck, might need to save up for Helmut Langs..! :)

Audrey shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 2:48 AM

beautiful look. your style is a huge inspiration to me

alicia shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 3:18 AM

woah loving all of the textures here. the pumps are the perfect touch.

meagan shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 9:14 AM

love your style. those helmut lang leggings are perfection! and that rick owens jacket is to-die-for!!!!

Jessie shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 11:41 AM

Your persistence has paid off handsomely. These are perfect.

Lucinda shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 1:49 PM

I love the look. Definitely keen on the jacket and shoes – looks amazing!

Shona shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 4:15 PM

K-Mart has oftentimes surprised me with near perfect finds, your top looks no exception! My only lament is that for these few items which fit perfectly into my wardrobe and that I’ve grown to love so much, they’ll ultimately last only a few years. For that reason I stocked up buying two of the same perfect black maxi skirt, like a sucker.

hayley shared this comment on 25 March 2013 at 5:50 PM

Darling look! Love the high/low. ESP HLang+ KMart! Fantastic!

Morgann shared this comment on 30 March 2013 at 1:24 PM

Love the leather Helmut leggings and the heels.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Suzi Maynard shared this comment on 02 April 2013 at 10:25 PM

Love the leggings. I have been hesitant to take the plunge as there are so many varieties out there. You look amazing!

Sarah shared this comment on 09 April 2013 at 3:55 AM