T2

T2 Monk Pear, T2 Green Rose and T2 Girly Grey

It’s no secret that I’m a tea lover; I drink more tea a day than what doctors recommend you drink water – which is actually a problem because I don’t like water and black tea is allegedly is a mild dehydrant.

It was my sister who first introduced me to T2; the first time I smelt their signature Earl Grey blend I was in olfactory heaven. That delicious, intense perfume of bergamot couldn’t compare to the supermarket leaves I was used to. I was an instant convert. These days I find myself working in very close proximity to a T2 retail store and often go on shopping sprees there during my lunch breaks. I spend more money at T2 some weeks than I do on fashion. It’s a fairly inexpensive way to treat myself and I feel good supporting an independent Melbourne business!

At first I only drank their Earl Grey blend exclusively; but I became so accustom to the flavour that I stopped being able to enjoy it. I now mix up my blends regularly to ensure I can enjoy the full aroma and flavour of all my favourite T2 blends such as Monk Pear, Black Rose and Earl Grey Royale. They say you should never store your tea in direct sunlight so I picked up these beautiful frosted black aluminium canisters which look lovely on the kitchen counter. They also have a range of some of the most gorgeous patterned crockery around; but the minimalist in me prefers the simplicity of white.

This post was not sponsored but some of the teas pictured were kindly supplied by T2. Everything else featured I paid for myself and endorse independently.

“I feel good supporting an independent Melbourne business!”

Maybe you should so some more research on where they source their teas. I used to work there.

C shared this comment on 23 November 2012 at 5:06 PM

@C – I would imagine their teas are sourced globally, like most teas. I didn’t mean to imply that their tea is grown or manufactured in Melbourne! Just Melbourne owned.

Miss Ghost shared this comment on 23 November 2012 at 5:26 PM

Mm, it’s almost as if I can smell the tea leaves through the screen! Those black canisters are gorgeous.

Sarah shared this comment on 23 November 2012 at 7:06 PM

I know what you mean about the water thing – I try and combat it by adding a squeeze of lemon or lime juice

Gaby shared this comment on 23 November 2012 at 10:04 PM

My point was more that their tea is not sourced ethically. They’re not the best business to support.

C shared this comment on 24 November 2012 at 4:27 PM

@C – pretty sure the device you’re using to make these comments wasn’t manufactured ethically, either.

M shared this comment on 25 November 2012 at 9:53 AM

@M – Whilst this is a valid point I would appreciate that you guys didn’t use the comments to bicker with each other!

@C – Thanks for letting me know I will try and do some more research and find out what I can.

Miss Ghost shared this comment on 26 November 2012 at 8:58 AM

You should try Sydney Breakfast by T2 it is quite earl greyish, and I think its way more apt for Melbourne rather than the Melbourne Breakfast which I think is more Sydney….

kiera shared this comment on 26 November 2012 at 10:48 AM

Love the chic black canisters. I am also a huge tea lover – can’t go past green tea but love the aroma’s from all the tea’s they have to offer – they must be making a killing since they opened up their wonderfully designed stores.

Shona shared this comment on 13 March 2013 at 5:22 PM